QUOTE FOR THE WEEK

Do Not Ask the Lord to guide your foot steps, if you are Not willing to Move your Feet.


Sunday, November 18, 2012

Something Old, Something fairly New

Welcome and Hello,



I have this book "Patchwork Folk Art" by Janet Bolton and after I finished reading it (2007), I did this



It's machined piece, hand appliqued and quilted.  I plan to do more of this folk art type quilts.  I love it - it was soo much fun.



AND this piece was done last year (2011) I had an empty spot on one of my walls and rather than hang a picture, I thought why not a mini quilt. One of the quilts hanging at The Fabric Peddler Shop pop to mind and this is my version of

Carolyn Burgess' (aka Lady Scrapbag)  quilt. And yes, I did ask for permission to improvise so stop thinking copy right law - thank you very much. It's 16" x 16", hand appliqued and quilted.

















I think I have a photo of Carolyn's quilt, let me see if I can find the folder real quick, be right back.
Oh yeah, I found it.  This was my inspiration for the above quilt.






 Don't let this be your last visit and do become a follower on my blog.

Piece and Prayers till the next time
Debbra





No comments:

Post a Comment